Kitchen #13: MR’s Escape From NYC
Location: San Francisco, USA
Favorite Kitchen Stores
- Sur La Table great selection, good for books too
- Local flea market for linens and bowls
I love my kitchen because it has a separate little room for the sink, so you don’t have to look at dirty dishes while eating. Sunlight comes in through a window looking out to our backyard. Also, this old huge stove works great, and is good looking too.
After living in tiny apartments in New York for 10 years, finally I have room for a real kitchen table. If I owned this house, the first thing I would do would be to install hardwood floors, then I would paint the walls green.
3 Compelling kitchen cooking/design tips:
- Fresh flowers and plants make me happy, and I always light candles at dinner
- If you don’t have room for a dishwasher- consider getting a small one that sits on the counter. Ours is called “Equator” (I think it’s greek) and it works well.
- Try keeping the whole kitchen as free of clutter as possible, no magnets on the fridge or bouquets of dried herbs hanging off door knobs. Get rid of everything you don’t use, gifts included!.