Kitchen wizards everywhere (and their gift-giving friends and family members) are levitating with glee over a new, affordable, and charming collection of cooking tools themed for each Hogwarts house.
Food & Wine got the scoop on a new line of Harry Potter kitchen items, which debuted this week from Williams Sonoma. Just in time for the holidays, there are four versions — Slytherin, Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, and Ravenclaw — of each of the Harry Potter-themed spatulas ($13, made of BPA-free silicone with beechwood handles) and aprons ($40 for the adult size and $25 for the kid size, plus an extra $10 for personalized name or initials).
In other Hogwarts news, some creative animal shelters around the country are also sorting their adoptable pups into Harry Potter houses. Some may even fit into the second double pocket of that Gryffindor or Slytherin apron, or at least their doggie cookies will — leaving one pocket still free for your spatula, or your wand.
Twenty years after the debut of the fantasy series by J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter fans everywhere seem just as spellbound by the author's universe of characters now as they were when the first book was published. Even though the official anniversary was on June 26th, the Washington Post reports that London revelers are still going strong — and a new Harry Potter documentary from the BBC is getting rave reviews.
More Harry Potter-themed gifting inspiration:
- The Pottermore Art Collection Is Now Available in the US
- PBteen's New Harry Potter Collection is Straight Up Magical
- Cozy Up in the Common Room With These Harry Potter Throws From Pendleton
- How the Kids from Harry Potter Would Decorate Their Grown-Up Homes
- Muggles, Mark Your Calendars: A US Harry Potter Exhibit is Opening in 2018
- Now's Your Chance to Live in Harry Potter's Childhood Home