There are two types of chefs in the kitchen: One that has their measuring cups tumbling with their kitchen shears and graters all in one drawer, and one that needs every tool in its own specific, neat home.
If you can cook a beef bourguignon while blindly rooting around a drawer for a peeler and cutting board then good on you. But if you're the type to throw your apron off if it takes more than three seconds to find the measuring spoons, then read on because the KMN Home DrawerDecor custom drawer organizer is going to be your new holy grail. Clocking in only at $35 and fully customizable, it will keep your drawers looking tidy like they never have before.
The great thing about this particular organizer is that it consists of a non-slip, silicone base mat that can be cut to fit the size and shape of your specific drawer. There are line guides on the mat, so all you will need is a sharp knife to get a straight, perfect line. Since the basemat is made out of silicone, cleaning it is easy—all you need is a damp cloth to wipe it down, or you can take it directly into the sink or dishwasher. Plus, it's food-grade safe.
The real star of the show are the 15 adjustable "Divitz" (in three different sizes) that come with the set, letting you arrange your drawer exactly how you want (and need) it to look. The Divitz don't use adhesives to grip to the map (adhesives never last long, do they?), instead they have silicone bottoms that grip to the silicone mat with proprietary RhinoGripz technology, letting you rearrange them as many times as you want without having to worry about them losing their stick (and the Amazon reviews back it up).
So how will this change your cooking game in the kitchen? Whether you're a grilled cheese aficionado or a sous chef in the making, this will come in handy.
- Because the silicone mat sticks so well to the drawer, it won't bunch up or slide around every time you open the drawer, nixing that moment where you sigh and straighten it out for the hundredth time.
- The mat will keep all your tools and gadgets stationary and keep them from tumbling around, which will help you save time while cooking.
- Since the Divitz are customizable, you can organize your utensils just the way you want them. Everything will be easy to find, and you won't find yourself untangling your tools from other gadgets as whatever you have on the stove simmers over.
- More rigid organizers don't always fit the dimensions of each of your utensils, making bigger tools spill over into other drawers or cabinets, but you won't have that issue here.
- Since the mat is made out of silicone, it will cushion those expensive tools you have, minimizing scratch and bump risks.
- It comes in four different colorways: natural, sky blue, red, and lime.
- To fully capitalize on the "everything in its place" function that makes this mat work so well, you won't be able to stuff as much in a drawer. That might be a dealbreaker for you.
- At $35 it's affordable, but certainly more than organizers like madesmart's Value Silverware Tray at $7.
If you're a fan of giving everything a home and nixing clutter in your kitchen, then this drawer organizer might just be what you have been waiting for. Give it a try and see if it ups your kitchen experience.
And P.S., it works just as well to tidy up a messy bathroom drawer: