I'll admit it - I love yarn bombing. Bright rows of yarn knit around poles and trees in urban spaces, in places where yarn has no right to be. One moment I'm walking the grey pavements of the city, and the next…
…my veins are humming with the thrill that comes from encountering the pleasantly unexpected: playful expressions of craft that delight, comfort and add color to an otherwise cement-hued day.
Like yarn bombs for the home, these whimsical, yet sophisticated, pieces create a rush of adrenaline, a hint of giddiness and touch of desire.
Shown above, top row, left to right:
1. Vintage Restored Hand-Knit Chairs, Melanie Porter. Made to order from $1855
2. Granny Pendant Lights by Pudelskern Design for Casamania, Aria Small $335, Large $735.
3. Mushroom Pouf, Anthropologie $168
4. Mangas Rugs by Patricia Urquiola for Gan, Unica Home $2910
5. Texel Ottoman by FLOCKS, Thomas Eyck $1420.
Bottom row, left to right:
6. Knitted Poufs, CB2 $79.95
7. Jumper Chair by Bertjan Pot, Established & Sons $1855
8. Icy Wire Handmade Lampshade, Etsy Shop – Yoola $130
9. Nantucket Pillow 20" – Grey, ZGallerie $49.95
10. Aran rug by FLOCKS, Thomas Eyck $9370