Since we'll be spending lots of time clasping steaming cups of hot liquid during the chilly months ahead, we thought we'd show you some sip sources that might not all be functional — though most are — but that approach the art of teatime with enough bizarre humor to distract us from our frozen fingers.
1. Gold-rimmed Drip Teacup by Reiko Kaneko, £14.95
2. Handmade Bitten Expresso Cup by Expresso Coffee Cups, $30
3. Beautified Cup by ceramics artist Becky Ridsdel (see all her dissected dinnerware at www.beccyridsdel.co.uk)
4. Blaue Blume Tea Cup by Undergrowth Design, $59
5. Surrealist Meret Oppenheim's iconic fur-lined teacup from 1936, shown in MoMA's recent exhibition, The Erotic Object: Surrealist Sculpture from the Collection