Maybe it's because I have the luxury of working in a creative industry; but I always feel like my creative juices are flowing and I'm constantly dreaming up ideal living spaces. That's why I always jump at the chance to put together boards of dream rooms. Last year my dream bathroom was Black, White and Modern All Over; so it looks like 2011 has softened me up a little (just a little).
Throughout the year I have raved and raved about how fabulous subway tile is, no matter the room. So of course, my dream bathroom would be covered in subway tile — no doubt about it. And since we're talking about dream bathrooms, how could I not include an overhead shower faucet? It would be as if I had my own personal waterfall each morning.
Even though this is a dream and I could potentially spend thousands of dollars, I still turned to IKEA. We all learned yesterday that it's the leading retailer in the industry and that's certainly for a reason. Their bathroom furniture is modern, streamlined and right up the ally of the look I'd want to achieve. Plus, I had to save room in my dream budget for $300 light fixtures and trash bins because how could I live without them?
• Dream Bathroom
• Subway Tile, $1.50 at Amazon
• KOHLER Saile elongated one-piece toilet with Dual Flush technology, $781.15 at KOHLER
• IKEA GODMORGON/ODENSVIK Sink Cabinet, $489.00 at IKEA
• IKEA GRUNDTAL Mirror Cabinet, $69.99 at IKEA
• Hansgrohe Showerhead, $383.60 at All Modern
• Jado Thermostat Valve, $441.65 at All Modern
• Tribal Bath Mat, $24.00 at West Elm
• FL/Y Pendant, $293.00 at DWR
• Vipp Trash Bin, $319.00 at DWR