Name: Ky (2.5)
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
My son Ky was going through a HUGE planets and outer space phase when we began planning his "Big Boy" room, so I thought it would make a perfect theme. I wanted to transition a lot of elements from his safari-themed nursery which used the colors orange and lime green, so I kept those elements and added rich navy, gray and red to the party.
As for inspiration, I pretty much just used the colors as a palette and went with it. I designed most of the prints myself and searched high and low for specific pieces that fit the theme/color but didn't go overboard or weren't too grown up. My favorite element is the framed photo of him in a NASA suit from when he was younger. My goal was to keep it personal and playful but also simple since his room is small and tends to clutter easily. I wanted it to be bright, bold, and a really fun space that he would enjoy sleeping and playing in!
- Gray Paint Color: Behr's 'Gentle Rain'
- Navy Accent Wall Color: Behr's 'Rich Navy'
- Convertible Toddler Bed/Dresser Collection: Savannah "Tori" Crib Set
- Curtains: "I Decorate With Pillows" on Etsy
- Bedding: Toddler Star Duvet Cover and Toddler-Size Insert (PB Kids)
- Orange Pillow: Branson Sham (PB Kids)
- "Planets" Print: "West Willow" on Etsy (thanks to a reader for the find!)
- Magnetic Growth Chart: Bed, Bath & Beyond
- ALL frames (except double-opening frame): "Ribba" style from Ikea
- Orange Buckets/Rod: Ikea
- Silver and White Floor Lamp: Ikea
- "Spice Rack" Bookshelves: "Bekvam" shelf from.... you guessed it. Ikea
- Paper Lanterns: Paper Lantern Store
- Alien Alarm Clock: Onaroo OK to Wake Alarm Clock
- Humidifier: Crane Drop Shape Ultrasonic Cool Mist
- Space Shuttle Night Light: Zulily
- Space Pajamas: Old Navy
- Hamper: OXO Tot Flip-In Hamper
Thanks, Aliya! Readers, say hi to Aliya at Double the Fun.