This week's LA Times Home section is like reading a back- issue from 2004...so last year. Is AT just ahead of the curve are do a lot of these stories feel dated to you, too? Here it goes:
High design with mass appeal - Loads of celebrity home designers are Attempting to bring their good design to the masses.
THE SCOUT - Mirror images: Both high end and not, Mirrored furniture is everywhere. (We've used this Z-Gallery piece as a "cheap cheat" with great results.)
THE SCOUT - Sparkling personality: West Elm's affordable barware with bling, just in time for holiday parties.
- THE SCOUT A new website to get great Italian design without the long wait and high price tag: //www.europebynet.com
- Man of the House - Where in the world is Mom?
Wreaths to ring in the season - Aside from the annoying premise that you can trick your wife into thinking you are helping out, here are some helpful hints on putting together a holiday wreath.
- Frugal and fabulous - Some good (if not obvious) ways to spruce up dull decor.
- Maybe a tweak is all you need - The Times telling us what we already know: The new (new?!) trend in having someone come in help you work with what you've got]instead of a complete interior design redo.
- A desert home that comes first - The lovely and hysterical Beth Lapides talks about her inspiring decision to move to Palm Springs…buying the second home first.