Lacquer for Less
I love the lacquered look when choosing home accessories, but the hefty price tag that goes along with most pieces is typically not within my budget. For under $40, these ten sleek charmers will add a dash of lacquer to your dwelling — without breaking the bank.
Having been trendy for quite some time, lacquered boxes and trays seem to be everywhere — but with some running upwards of two hundred dollars or more, they can seem quite unattainable. In the past few years, Jonathan Adler and West Elm have been producing lacquered pieces that are way more affordable, but I was happy to find other retailers that are making less costly accessories as well. I’m particularly obsessed with Tsubota Pearl’s Stick Lighters with a lacquer finish — and for under $40, each of these lacquered lovelies are worth getting excited about.
1. Simple Lacquer Hooks from West Elm, $8 each
2. Plum and Gold Square Lacquer Tray from Caspari, $28
3. Leaning Frame from CB2, $20
4. Stick Lighter by Tsubota Pearl via A+R, $32
5. Swing Design Frame from Tasha via Kmart, $15
6. Handmade Eggshell Black Lacquer Box via overstock.com, $27
7. Black Lacquered Round Chopsticks from Pearl River, $5 for 10 Pairs
8. Waechtersbach Pasta Serve Bowl from Sur La Table, $30
9. Fir Wood Platter with Lacquer Finish from Terrain, $18
10. Lacquer Tissue Box from Jonathan Adler, $38
Images: as linked above