More inspiration for a Shared Brother Sister Room comes to us via Rachel at Small Notebook who shared her childrens' lovely, light-filled room.
A few of the things that really stood out to us and can be used in any room:
• We love hanging childrens' clothing so we really like how Rachel hung a special, colorful outfit of each child's on wooden hangers.
• We adore the iron mantle she found an antique store. If your home doesn't have a fireplace or mantle, but you love the look and focal point it creates- you can actually try to find one like this. It gives you all the charm without the hassle of a real fireplace.
• Another example of the Rain Gutter Bookshelves in action!
• An elegant chandelier is actually a recent DIY project.
• Lastly, we really like how, without feeling cluttered, the room has lots of different play areas within it: a hiding spot in an old sewing cabinet, an area for the play kitchen, and areas for reading.
Find all the details, how-to's, and more photos at Small Notebook.