Turn a Dog Sweater Into a Cute Costume in Under 2 Minutes
To accentuate our puppy model Cash’s best features, we created a costume that’s all eyes and tongue. Taking cues from Picasso and Dali, a mish-mash of googly eyes and lip stickers form a Surrealist-style dog sweater. If you have some hot glue on hand, you can whip up this ensemble just minutes before the Halloween parade.
Follow Topics for more like this
Follow for more stories like this
What You’ll Need:
- Black dog sweater, such as the Flex Fleece Dog Hoodie from American Apparel, $28
- Googly eyes, Michaels has a huge selection
- Patches and stickers from Ban.do and Coucou Suzette (how awesome is this Eye Patch??)
- Hot glue gun and sticks
If you want to match, you’ll also need:
- Jean jacket, like this Pinter Wash one from Madewell
- More cute patches and pins from Ban.do and Coucou Suzette
1. Warm up your hot glue gun and start adhering googly eyes and patches all over the hoodie. Let dry. Make sure all of the pieces are attached securely and supervise your pup to make sure she doesn’t accidentally swallow any small pieces.
2. To decorate a matching jean jacket, attach pins and hand-stitch patches into place.
Many thanks to Spoonflower for the blue sky backdrop, which is available as wallpaper, gift wrap & fabric from Koalalady’s shop.