- Charlottesville, VA
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- I love how cozy and comfortable my little cottage is; despite the fact that it is in the middle of a city, the lush backyard and small street that it sits on makes it feel like a retreat. The living room and kitchen are also very generously-sized given the size of the house—and there is an astounding amount of storage.
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space::
- 1. Buy what you love. My house is furnished mostly with vintage pieces and objects I've found in my travels. It makes my home feel very personal.
2. I love collecting fun vintage nick-knacks, but I try to edit what I have on display at any one time so it's not overwhelming.
3. Have fun with color. The yellows, reds, and turquoise colors that I have in the house elevate my mood. There is nothing wrong with neutrals, but I like lots of color. Since I can't paint the walls in my rental, I like to see color everywhere else.