A look I love that has been popping up in the design community lately is layered rugs. A great way to cover a large space without investing in a room sized rug, it's also a easy way to incorporate mixed patterns and lend a relaxed bohemian style to a space that can easily be changed up later.
1. Casually layered rugs can be used to subtly but effectively break an open space into zones. Image from Design Sponge.
2. A small statement rug layered over a large, less expensive version gives you the most bang for your buck. Image from SF Girl by Bay.
3. A series of small entryway rugs is perfect for a narrow space, like a long hallway. Image from House Beautiful.
4. Combining statements rugs proves that the whole is greater that the sum of its parts. Image from Desire to Inspire.
5. When a beloved rug isn't quite big enough, layering it over a solid one to form a border is a smart solution. Image from The Glitter Guide.
(Images: as linked above)