Sure, it's a busy time right now with holiday events, but we're jotting these ideas down now. January and February await, and these can be long, cold months when you have little ones inside.
Babble suggests creating an "inclement weather emergency kit " and that sounds like a great idea. Pick your favorite ideas, and make sure you have all the supplies you might need before you get snowed in.
• If it does snow, pile a bunch of it into pots and bowls and let your baby or toddler explore the texture.
• Have your recipe for homemade playdough on hand!
• Make sure you've got your older pillows and blankets ready for fort building.
• Grab the interesting things around your house that are nottoys- it's amazing how babies and toddler much prefer these. (think tissue boxes, cotton balls, wrapped tea bags, tupperwares, etc.)
• Play dress up and follow it up with a dance party to get out of some of that energy.
Find the complete list here.
If you feel like you've been there done that, we found another great list that doesn't include homemade playdough or the like here entitled, "Children's Tylenol Doesn't Work on Cabin Fever."