- Vancouver Canada
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- My building was originally built around 1910 as a home for nurses who worked in the old hospital down the block. I fell in love with my apartment when I saw all the historic details in the arches, leaded window, and inlaid wood floor. I like to think all girl's who've lived here before loved it as much as I do.
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space::
- 1. Lift stuff up! Most of my furniture has legs and it helps keep the space feel open and easy to clean.
2. Funky can be more fun. My space is has lots of little quirks (an ironing board in the dining room!) but it helps you create a unique space. When I have parties and need more table space I just pull it down.
3. Make it comfortable and functional. In the immortal words of William Morris, "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful."