- Secaucus, NJ
- Square Feet:
- Over 1000 sqft: Owner
- What I Love About My Entryway:
- Our entryway is a carefully curated selection of meaningful mementos yet it is neat, practical and clutter free. Due to the narrowness of the entryway, it was a challenge to accommodate both good shoe storage and a small sitting area. Fortunately, IKEA came to the rescue and we were able to fit both, while leaving room for greeting guests or bringing things in and out of the house. We selected things that were meaningful to us, such as the mirror, which is on its third frame color incarnation, from prior homes, to the Eiffel tower and small tray that speaks to my love of Paris. The black Obsidian stone was blessed by a Shaman on a trip to Mexico and it is supposed to provide protection. The keychain holder has a small but meaningful collection of keychains collected from various trips, in addition to housing our keys. We are still looking for the perfect rug and a wall mount mail holder. However, the area fits our needs pretty well as is.
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Entryway:
- 1. Avoid excessive clutter: We prefer to leave the area rather empty. It is so good to be able to drop things off as you come in.
2. A mirror: That mirror has caught way too many mishaps! You need a mirror for one last check before you leave.
3. Shoe storage: It is such a nice feeling to have a place to house shoes as you come in. In our prior home, we used to keep piles of shoes by the door, until someone had enough and put them all away.