Bright red is a very bold and confident color choice for a space, which is why I love it as an accent color or wall color. Sometimes we can be so afraid of choosing the wrong color or not knowing how to incorporate it into the design that we end up with an overly neutral space. Design is meant to be fun and an extension of your personality. Why not take a big leap of faith and just go for the bold color selection?
Red can be fun, sexy, daring, and exhilarating. If you have some apprehension about going all the way, start slowly by throwing in a few small red decorative accents and build your way up to the wall color. One of my favorite rooms to go heavy on the color red is the bedroom (no explanation needed).
Images (left to right):
- Jauretsi Saizarbitoria: The Selby
- Beatrice & Ramsey's Cultured Echo Park Casa
- Karen Walker's Auckland Home: Because Im Addicted
- Christopher & Javier's "Mid-C Techno-Industrial" Loft
- Caitlin and Levi's Youthful Loft with His and Hers Offices
How do you incorporate bright reds in your home?
Images: As credited above