My Norwegian grandma told me once that when she dreams, she dreams she's in "the North" — always in winter, always in the North. Lisa Congdon's lovely snowy paintings give me the tiniest glimpse of what that might be like…
1. Beautiful handsewn cloths hanging out to dry, and an impossibly fluffy Arctic fox. Don't steal our pillowcases, foxy! This painting is also available as an archival print.
2. Really, Lisa makes the best deer. Her Norwegian reindeer painting is my favorite.
3. This Folk Forest print is probably the least my style of her winter works, but I wanted to show you because it's so sweet. Like someone yarnbombed (knitbombed?) an entire forest!
4. These last two have the advantage of combining icy blue with red, one of my favorite color combinations. I can't get over how amazing the sun is in her Iceberg signed print. Fantastic. There's also another, different iceberg, available as a painting.
5. The Arctic Camper painting makes me shiver just to look at it, but I'll assume it's warm and toasty inside. I really like the horizon in this one.
(Images: All works by Lisa Congdon)