Welcome to "The A Line"! In every episode of this new video series, we visit two homes that have an identical floorplan- and see how their inhabitants use the same space in different ways.
→ Episode 5 of The A Line: High Style in Two 500 Square Foot West Village Homes
Today we are in Ditmas Park, Brooklyn, in a very tall building overlooking the neighborhood. Caitlin and Matt kept the building's original floor plan in their space, loving the nooks and crannies provided by the segmented, circular layout that centers around the living room, which is the heart of their home. Amy and Christian live three floors down and have opened up several walls in a major renovation, creating a new flow to the space that centers around the kitchen, which is the heart of their home.
Maxwell walks us through both spaces and introduces us to the people who inhabit them, comparing different lifestyles and personalities, and bringing us the story of neighbors who have done a remarkable job making the skeleton of their home support a body that allows them to live the lives they intend.
At Apartment Therapy, we believe good ideas really are everywhere. And sometimes? The best ideas for your space - are right over your head.
• More Videos: Subscribe to Our Youtube Channel! We post new videos of real inspiring spaces and smart tips every Tuesday at 1pm.
For more of Amy & Christian's Home, check out their House Tour: Amy & Christian's Newlywed Home
Links and Related Posts:
- The A Line @ The Cherokee: Two Apartments, One Floorplan, Two Style Stories
- The A Line Episode Two: Bachelor Pad vs. Couple's First Home
- The A Line Episode 2: How to Make Space for a Growing Family?
- Video: Michael, Kerri & Nora's Alternative Family Home in Brooklyn
- 300 Sq Foot Transformation: Matt's Video House Tour
- Video: Jessica & Milo Living Large in a Small Space
- Video: Natasha & Rob's Super Smart Small Space