These days, all I want to put on my body is breezy, light linen, so when I went home last night to lounge on my wool sofa, it seemed a little counterproductive to my quest to be cooler.
Since I'm not exactly keen to replace my furnishings every time the weather does a 15° swing, I stumbled upon an idea that was as easy as changing my clothes. Solution? A Slipcover!
Don't be afraid. Yes, these fabrics are light in both weight and in color so you're tempting fate a little when it comes to stains and spills, but they're removable and therefore easily cleaned. They're the perfect temporary solution to lounging during the dog-days of August.
Here are a few I found, but if you're crafty, you could always make your own.
- Apartment Therapy House Tour: Eric and Alison's Chic Eclectic (their sofa is from H.D. Buttercup).
- The York slipcover from Room and Board is available in many great linen neutrals.
- The IKEA Kivik slipcover is machine washable.
- Pottery Barn's line of Windsor furniture has a specially-designed cover for a perfect fit.
- The slipcover for the Crate and Barrel Klyne Sofa is made of easy woven cotton.
Want more slipcover action?
(Images: as linked above)