Okay so that title's a bit of an exaggeration: there aren't really any inanimate objects that could be suitable substitutes for man's best friend (or other living and breathing pets). But if your living situation or your schedule isn't conducive to having a pet (and you miss having an animal around the house), you might be able to gain some pet-like comfort from these items we've rounded up. You'll definitely find great gift ideas for pet-loving friends! Some of these items can even be cuddled...
These nine adorable home decor products are sure to bring a smile to your face and great style to your space---without all the shedding. A few are old favorites, some are new loves and all of them are cute as a button! We've even added a healthy dose of items available at local Austin resources!
- Pillow Pillow Pillow by Aaron Stewart (Available at local store IF+D)
- Fauna Bunny Pillow $28
- Twinkle Living Milan Rug $125
- Birdhouse by Tamar Mogendorff $150 (available at local store Finch)
- OFFI My Pet Lamp Dachshund $59
- Frog Pillows by Etsy seller Lolly $25
- Romp's Sculpted Wooden Animals $20-$36
- Vinyl wall stickers by Etsy seller Elephannie (local to Austin!)
- Zid Zid's Mini Poof Monkey $78
Have you ever lived in an apartment that didn't allow pets or just been too busy to consider adding a furry friend to your family? Tell us how you coped living without a pet (even if it didn't include buying a cute dog-shaped pillow) and if you managed to get your pet fix through other ways!