Design: LOU The Toilet Seat (Plus kids seat)
Materials: ABS plastic & silicone
Designer: Brett Teper and Rich Williams
"Meet Lou... the most sought after seat in the house.
Why shouldn't we be as discerning about our toilet seat as we are with the other furniture in our homes? LOU suits our decor with his stylishly modern good looks and politely eases closed to prevent alarming slams. He even sports bright x's on his underside reminding those standing to close him, LOU doesn't mind being put down."
"Every detail has been thoughtfully considered. The silicone pull strap and seat indents allow access without any icky contact. The children's lid accessory snaps right in to allow your whole family to enjoy LOU, without having to continually swap the seat on and off.
• Modern design alternative to the standard drab options
• Toilet upgrade without the plumber or the price
• Fits most standard elongated toilets
• Quiet close to prevent slamming
• Kids training seat accessory available
• Gentle reminder to close the seat after use
After the success of our first product (The ModKat Litter Box) we noticed that the design world has long ignored "icky" products. Although we physically interact with these objects on a daily basis, they haven't received the attention that most of the items in our homes have."
Designer: Brett Teper & Rich Williams Link: www.modproducts.net Location: New York, NY
• Voting is open for four days on each design!
• Submission Form (until Sep. 21)
• Follow on Twitter - #ATShowcase
• About Design Showcase 2011: This September we're celebrating the best in undiscovered, new design for the home. We're taking submissions from independent and student designers from around the world and letting our readers vote on who they think has the best design. There's also a panel of august judges. Two winners will win $20,000 in targeted advertising placements on our sites to help launch their careers ($10k apiece).