- Warwick, RI
- Square Feet:
- Over 1000 sqft: Owner
- What I Love About My Entryway:
- Our small entry way opens onto a hall with a direct sightline to the deck and lawn beyond. This view makes the narrow 500 s/f first floor seem so much more expansive than it really is. The entry is like a telescopic lens.
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Entryway:
- 1. We opened up a half-wall stairwell and added open spindles which makes the 6'x4' entry seem more spacious. We also got rid of the entry's slate landing pad and installed hardwood which makes the space cohesive with the rest of first floor.
2. Plants and natural elements help transition visitors from the outsde to the interior.
3. The use of color, texture, and art creates an interesting, layered look.