A deep, bright, vibrant blue that's dark, but not too dark. That is real rich and almost seems to glow with a vibrant hue. That's how we describe majorelle blue, anyway, as well as a few neighboring hues that we think are the perfect addition to your outdoor and indoor spaces this year.
Julie Blakeslee of Austin's Big Red Sun really called it in our post last week about Outdoor Trend Predictions for 2012 when she said majorelle blue was going to be a hot color for homes this year. We couldn't agree more! We found some fun-colored accessories to add indoors and out, in majorelle blue (with a little cobalt blue mixed in, too):
1) A great rock we found at Big Red Sun! $21
2) Areaware Cargo Containers $24
3) Starfish Punchneedle Embroidery Hoop Art $24
4) Vintage Cobalt Blue Bottle Jars set of 3 $36
5) Seaport Blue Ribbed Toss Pillow with Buttons $13
(Images: Top, Adrienne Breaux. Others as credited above)