Skill Level: Easy
Time Required: A couple of days, including paint drying time
Project Cost: $0-$25
Not happy with the look of most kids' toys out there, Valérie decided to give a gifted skateboard a custom paint job. Her son Boris is only one, so he won't be rolling around on it just yet!
- Wooden skateboard
- Non-slip sealant
- Screwdriver (to remove the wheels)
- If your skateboard has a sticker/design on it, peel as much of it off as you can.
- Remove the wheels and sand your board until smooth.
- Paint your desired pattern, allowing plenty of dry time in between coats.
- Coat with a non-slip sealant, allow to dry, and reattach the wheels.
Thanks to Valérie for sharing the Custom Painted Skateboard gift idea. Check out her blog, Do Not Iron for more of her creativity and style.
All this month, Apartment Therapy is featuring homemade gift ideas made and submitted by you, the readers. Check back every day for a new project, or head over here to see all the DIY gift ideas.