Skill Level: Moderate
Time Required: 1 hours
Project Cost: Depends on the wood
Jillian and her husband were gifted one of these piggy cutting boards for Christmas a few years ago. She's continuing the tradition this year, making a barnyard full of these guys for her brothers and sisters. They don't require much — just some basic tools and hardwood. Here are the instructions:
- Piece of hardwood
- Sand paper
- Olive oil
- Paper and Pencil for tracing
- Draw a design of your choosing on the paper, then cut it out.
- Trace your design directly onto the piece of wood.
- Using a jigsaw, cut around your design.
- Sand the edges.
- Treat the board with olive oil.
Many thanks to Jillian and her husband for this great gift idea. Head on over to The Happy Space Project for more of their DIY fun.
All this month, Apartment Therapy is featuring homemade gift ideas made and submitted by you, the readers. Check back every day for a new project, or head over here to see all the DIY gift ideas.