As anyone who has painted a home knows, paint can be messy and cruel. Cleanup is a hassle, and molding, edges, and corners are downright demonic. Let's take a cue from Jackson Pollock today and have some fun with the messy side of paint. Though I rocked the splatter-paint Keds as a kid in the '80s, I still have some reservations about this form of decoration. But I've found that some folks pull it off beautifully, and with a sophisticated edge.
In a small area (such as the entryway in Al and Mark's condo), on a canvas, or even a piece of furniture, a drip or splatter of paint can introduce a sense of expressive playfulness. The best part is there's no cleanup involved. Enjoy the selection and have fun!
1. A beautiful mess of a chair via Emmas Designblogg
2. An entryway with serious personality from Al & Mark's Colorful & Eclectic Condo
3. A fun DIY in Arthur's Long Distance Home
4. An eye-catching "splatter-paint" rug, perfect for a kid's room, from RugsUSA
5. Sterling Ruby's Paint Splatters at Raf Simons
6. Hinson wallpapered room via Eddie Ross
7. A low-key hint of splatter in an unexpected spot from Drexel Heritage Spring 2011
Images: As linked above