Living in Southern California, summer is all about the best pool party. My favorite furniture design is offered under the B&B Italia powerhouse. Starting in April, my group fitness instructor reminds us that summer is coming and it is time to get our bikini bodies ready. My favorite mood for an outdoor pool area consists of music paired with dinner timed perfectly for when the sun is setting.
I drool over all their pieces, especially their outdoor furniture. Even though I highly enjoy sculptural and minimalism design, when it pertains to an outdoor area I want the space to feel comfortable and enclosed. I prefer a lush residential pool side retreat to a modern hotel pool rooftop area. Anyone want to invite me over for a summer dinner party by the pool?...hint hint.
- Lush Landscaping: I like the luxury feeling of a 5-star resort. I also enjoy the added color and texture of the plants.
- Round Outdoor Table and Chairs: I imagine eating a large slice of juicy watermelon and drinking fresh lemonade while catching up on my gossip magazines. Sitting outside during the summer is essential to making the most of the warm months.
- Large Outdoor Floor Lamp: Guests will be surprised to see a floor lamp outdoors. It creates an interesting lighting alternative.
- Outdoor Side Table: When lounging in the backyard, the side tables are a place to collect drinks to eliminate making multiple trips inside.
- Ecosmart Mini Ethanol Fireplace: If an outdoor area is used for entertaining, it must have a fire feature. Swimming in the pool after the sun goes down and with the fireplace lit has to be heaven.
- Outdoor Chaise Longue: I picture myself laying on the outdoor sun lounger being waited on by a sexy houseboy. Unfortunately, that is not my reality, but one can dream.
- Light Stones: Lighting a large outdoor area can be tricky, but the modern light stones can be one of the solutions. I would love to scatter the stones around the grassy area.
- Sun Shade: I won't get into the topic of sun damage and tanning. I personally prefer to stay in shaded areas in the summer.
- Pool House: A while back I went to a party and the house had a pool house in the back. It was a great enclosed area to lounge and relax while still enjoying the outdoor elements.