- New York, NY
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- After wanting a solo space for years, my wallet and I finally took the plunge and moved to this small studio on the fifth floor of a walk up. With high ceilings and wonderful natural light (five windows!), the daily trek up the stairs is more than worth it. Moving in with a blank slate, I love that this space has served as a drawing board for finding my personal style. With only 350 sq. feet I knew it would be a challenge, but all of my friends and family comment on how much my apartment feels like me.
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space::
- 1. Take your time. When I moved in I was so excited to start decorating that I bought items that I have since sold six months later because they were the wrong size, style, or only served one purpose.
2. Mix it up. This can be big or small, but I try to move at least one item in my apartment weekly to keep the space fresh.
3. Design around the life you have.