- Somerville, MA
- Inspiration for my palette:
- I love color, especially jewel tones. I noticed everything I like happens to be plum, so I started looking at complementary colors to balance it out. I love the contrasting colors that exist in nature and try to apply it to my living space. Because my home is very open and gets a lot of light, it made more sense (and allows for more flexibility) to keep the walls light and neutral and change up the accent colors and accessories from room to room, instead of painting all the walls deep purple.
- Colors used in my room:
- Benjamin Moore: London Fog
Benjamin Moore: Autumn Purple
- Tips for using color successfully:
- Decorate in colors that you love and you won't get bored of it (as quickly), but don't fight with the fixed elements of the space (lights, etc). Make sure the colors repeat around the room/home for a cohesive look. It also help to keep clean, bright colors together (and muted/dirty colors together) and try not to mix in muted colors with bright and vice versa. When in doubt, look at nature for inspiration.
- Radiant Plum