Last week a few of us attended the Martha Stewart Bloggers' Night Out in the Starrett Lehigh building in Chelsea, NYC. It was PACKED with bloggers and press people, but we managed to snap a couple of photos of some very cool new paint products, including a kit with tools to Martha-ize your walls. (It becomes available for pre-order today.)
Judging by the demos we saw, the tools take a little bit of practice to master, but work well once you've got a system down. You can use the kit to create 12 decorative paint effects, including faux bois, gingham, basketweave, and striped patterns.
The Paint Finish Tool Kit sells for $18.97 at Home Depot. Orders placed now are scheduled to be shipped to consumers by September 1st, and the kit becomes available in stores on September 10th.
• Linen Dragger — for 'linen' technique
• Graining Comb — for 'basket weave' technique
• Stripe Comb &mdash for 'plaid' technique
• Paint Sponge &mdash for 'sponge on' technique
• Steel Wool &mdash for 'raw silk' technique
• Flexible Stripe Comb &mdash for 'gingham' technique
• Wavy Grainy Brush &mdash for 'curly maple' technique
• Wood Grain Rocker &mdash for 'faux bois' technique
• Instruction & Idea Booklet
P.S. Here's one last shot of the crowded room at the MS building, full of product demos, bloggers, and — our favorite part — snack tables :)
Photos: Sarah Coffey