- South Boston, MA
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- I live in a 110 year old printing press factory in Boston. In 2004 it was converted into lofts. I love the exposed brick in my apartment. And I also love this small space next to my living room. It is the old elevator shaft. And measures 7' X 9' which I made into a dining room which seats 6. The hardwood floors and large windows are also great.
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space::
- 1. My first trick is bed lifts! You can get 5 inch or 7 inch bed lifts to raise your bed. Get a long bed skirt so you can not see anything under the bed. And you will be amazed how much you can store underneath your bed!
2. Three trunks that stack on top of one another. These three trunks will create an extra closet for you. You can keep all your extension cords, candles, tool set, hammer, batteries, nails, etc all in them.
3. Everything you buy should have drawers. Side tables next to sofa. Side tables next to the bed. Drawers and cabinets in your media stand. If all your pieces have drawers in them you can hide so much. That minimalizes clutter which helps make your space feel bigger. And it will provide storage for all your remotes, DVDs, books, etc.