- New York, NY
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- What my home lacks in space, it makes up for in character. This apartment is the perfect reflection of me and my unique, eclectic personality. While I may not be able to fit much into the space, I love that every piece has been thoughtfully chosen and placed, making it feel extra special.
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space::
- 1. Cheat! Store things anywhere and everywhere. I keep socks in the coffee table; candles and diffusers in stylish hampers that blend with the walls and decor; and enough Christmas ornaments to decorate an eight-foot tree within my storage bed.
2. Edit and tailor your tastes to the space. Be thoughtful not only about the furniture you choose, but also the purpose each piece will serve, and where it will flow the best within the space. If you can find one piece that can serve multiple purposes, go with that instead of multiple items.
3. Be unconventional, and think outside the box. Don't have room for a bedside table? Take advantage of a windowsill nook, and put in a shelf. No more floor space? Hang things from the ceiling! If there are architectural or structural elements that you can take advantage of, use anything and everything to the best of your ability.