Name: Cambria Bold
Started at Re-Nest: February 2009
Lives in: Brooklyn, NY
I started working for Apartment Therapy in May 2008 as the NY Scavenger, but it wasn't until the following year that I started managing Re-Nest. My enthusiasm for green living and design sprung out of my interest in sustainable food issues and personal health, but I soon found myself equally passionate about creating a healthy, environmentally-friendly home.
You most enjoy writing about: gorgeous home interiors and decor, shopping guides, and anything that has a great list on how to make/do/clean/buy something! I'm always on the lookout for designs that adhere to a "buy well and buy once" mentality— things that are beautiful, durable, practical, and multi-functional.
Your personal home style is: Scandinavian modern with lots of wood, cozy textiles, and color accents against a neutral background.
Your green home must-have is: eco-friendly, non-toxic cleaners.
Your ideal Saturday morning is: not being woken up by my upstairs neighbor, going for a walk around Prospect Park, then enjoying a tasty breakfast made with food from our CSA or the farmer's market, all the while drinking Stumptown coffee (and a bit of half and half) and reading.
Where you go for inspiration/info/help: my Google reader, but since I can't show you its entire contents, here's just a very small and in no way definitive sampling: emmas designblogg, sfgirlbybay, swissmiss, Cool Hunting, The Storque (Etsy), GOOD, A Cup of Jo, Oh Joy!, Cradle to Cradle and the MBDC, The New York Times, The New Yorker, Whole Living, GreenSource, Green Magazine.
DIY or buy? Buy, although I definitely like buying OTHER people's DIYs.
Favorite CFL or LED lightbulb brand? Lighting is really important to me, and I've had good experiences with both the EcoSmart LED light bulbs from Home Depot and the vision Soft White CFL light bulbs, also from Home Depot.
This year you're going to: celebrate all the amazing things I have in my life and not be so hard on myself.
Posts from Cambria
• Time To Unwind: My 2-Day Trip Away from Holiday Mayhem
• Green Style: Whitepod Geodesic Domes in the Swiss Alps
• Alternative Non-Stuff Gift Ideas For 'No Gifts Please' People
• From Frame to Fabric: Making an Ottoman From Scratch, Week One
• The Secrets Behind Great Small Spaces
• 5 Places We Forget To Clean That Come Back to Haunt Us
• Eye Candy For Your Home: Handmade Cement Tiles
• My 10 Favorite Home How-To Tutorials From Re-Nest
• The 10 Best Ways to Green Your Apartment Rental
• On Judging Expensive Products and People Who Buy Them
(Images: see linked posts for full image credits)