- Port Washington, WI
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- I love that I'm on the back corner of my building which means I get an extra window and beautiful East light coming through my curtains in the morning. My plants and I have a nice view of the yard and trees. The rooms seem to be just the right size to keep things cozy and warm. I'm not a fan of vast cold spaces. It feels like a colorful sanctuary where I can really relax. Other great things: I'm only a mile from my job, and I have a bike trail and nature practically in my backyard.
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space::
- 1. Make sure everything has its place. And put things back in their place after use. Clutter can happen so quickly in a small space.
2. Choose your display items according to what you really care about and that give you the best memories. It may seem like I have a lot on display, but I have a bunch of other nick-knacks, art, toys, picture frames, etc. that are stored away, or have been given away. Rotate items if you get bored to give yourself a fresh view.
3. Choose storage creatively. I use vintage luggage to keep my make-up and journals. My modern luggage holds my purses and off season clothing since I don't travel too much. I have an old nightstand that I found in an attic in my bathroom that holds my hair products, lotions, and whatnot. A steamer trunk that belonged to my mother keeps my DVD collection close and accessible.