- Maplewood, MO
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- I love everything about my little nest! I was so fortunate to have found this great spot across from the park and up the hill from the local brewery and donut shop. This building was originally built to house the faculty of a school that has since been torn down. It has great bones and fun features like the quirky porcelain kitchen sink and walkout fire escape where I can perch up on my hammock and read in the sun.
This tiny space is perfect for one (+ cat). I have everything at my fingertips and enough space to host a game night with friends.
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space::
- 1. Choose furniture that doubles as storage. I hide all of my sewing supplies in the coffee table. It is right there at my fingertips but out of the way.
2. Balance bulky furniture with pieces that have skinny lines to help lighten up the space.
3. Open shelving can be your friend. Open shelving means that you can't hide things you don't need behind doors. This helps you get rid of things, or stops you from buying them in the first place.