- New York, NY
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- After living in a studio for several years, I love finally having "other rooms" in my home. The eat-in kitchen is especially luxurious for a Manhattan home. I also get great light from 4 windows, all the better to illuminate what I truly love about my home: the prints, posters, and artwork I've accumulated over the years from my travels, my friends, and my googling.
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space::
- 1. Make your spaces versatile. I use the TV console/book shelf as a desk space. My "coffee table" is an ottoman on wheels that I can pull up and sit on, for example.
2. Make sure all of your decorative things have a friend or two. Group things into vignettes. They can be more intuitive than logical, but there should be some reason to put this thing next to that thing. Otherwise, a small space can look cluttered.
3. A simple tip but so important: figure out where everything goes and put it there every time.