- Brooklyn, NY
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- I love the way my home reflects my life: my travels, my passions, my desires and my loved ones have shaped almost everything about what I collect and display. Whether it’s a blanket knit by my Great Aunt Eleanor or artwork by my closest friends, I try to make my home reflect the people and places that have impacted and shaped my world.
And nothing beats the afternoon sun filtering in through my south-facing living room windows, and my cat, Aubrey, basking in the rays.
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space::
- 1. Arrange furniture gracefully so that you can move through the space with ease. I think spaciousness is less about square footage and more about how comfortably one can move through a place.
2. Keep everything in its place, but embrace a lived-in feeling. Organization is important, but too much can be sterilizing.
3. Make the bed every morning. It’s indispensable.