- Durban South Africa
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- The french doors leading into the garden off the dining area allow so much light in and every room has huge windows so our house is always bright and warm. Living with my husband and two kids under two in our small home means we spend a lot of time in the garden which is large and flat (perfect for running toddlers!) and when it's rainy we're able to see them playing in the playroom from everywhere in the house. I love that my kids share a room and are learning to be thoughtful humans because of it. Plus it's only a few steps from my bed to their room to do a midnight feed!
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space::
- 1. Tidy up as you go, having a small kitchen with limited counter space has forced us to tidy up and use fewer pots as we're cooking.
2. When you spot something that is not in it's place return it straight away, don't leave the shoes/hat/glass/crayons lying around, they tend to breed.
3. Use light colors and furniture with legs, everything seems more open and inviting because of it.