- Grove City, OH
- Square Feet:
- Over 1000 sqft: Owner
- What I Love About My Entryway:
- My favorite thing about my entryway is how well it functions. Although it's small and closed in due to the door opposite it, there is a place for most things and a small ledge for everything else. It really helps to keep the rest of the house on track.
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Entryway:
- 1. Functionality came first for me. Before adding in purely decorative items, I thought about what I absolutely needed to have in the space like a clock, place to put shoes, etc.
2. Put your landing strip where you will actually use it. I wasted a lot energy trying to put one at the front door, when in reality, there isn't anyone (including guests) that uses the front door due to the positioning of the house. It never worked. For us, that meant the backdoor was the better spot to put hooks and a spot for keys.
3. Set up your organizational system and stick with it. I was terrible about losing my keys until I got my entryway set up. For a little while afterward, I would forget to put them in the bowl on my way in and still lost them. It took some time to form the habit of using my landing strip but now my keys are never lost at home (for the most part).