Last year when we shared our succulent stoop with Apartment Therapy readers, most folks ooohed and ahhed over the cozy stoop. But there was one piece of constructive criticism we heard loud and clear--mix up the hum drum containers, your sweet succulents deserve better. And we couldn't agree more.
1. At a friends house recently, we noticed a handful of small succulents planted in ornate tea cups. They looked so quaint and cozy lining her windowsill.
2. We had a couple of old buckets of pastel paints lying around from our last apartment so we decided to transform some glass jars. You'll want to pour a couple of tablespoons of paint into the glass jar and roll around until the inside is evenly coated. Hang upside down and let the last bits of paint drip out and voila--a "new" spot to sport flowers.
3. We're in the middle of spray painting some wood frames gold and we figured, why not give some of our ceramic containers a makeover. The pots shine in the sun and look great in a sea of green succulents.
4. While we bought this container already painted white, you can do the same at home (any leftover paint will do).
5. On recent shopping trips to our local garden center, we've opted for a few green plastic pots to mix it up a bit. They're the same price as the clay pots and we love how the change makes our outdoor area more colorful.
- Best Plant Containers For Small Spaces
- Best White Plant Containers
- Five Colorful Plant Containers We Love
(Images: Beth Zeigler)