Name: Doug Rollins
Occupation: Founder & CEO, brinca dada toys
Location: New York
Find me online: brincadada.com
Kids: Chloe (8), Owen (6) & Anna (4)
1. A favorite toy from childhood: That's totally impossible. GI Joe scuba diver set, Evil Kenevil motorcycle, Big Wheels, slot racers, Fisher-Price mooing barn, life-sized Tinker Toys, Nerf Hoop...how could I pick just one?
2. A myth about modern dads: We're obsessed with having cool kids. It's really more like a hobby than an obsession.
3. A favorite children's book: A Color of His Own by Leo Lionni: I think most people like the book because it teaches the importance of becoming comfortable with yourself. That's true, but I like that it teaches parental generosity. I mean, where was the older, wiser chameleon on his way to? Probably a very important meeting with little chameleon clients.
4. A song I'll be really bummed if my kids don't end up loving: How Firm a Foundation by The Sabre Rattlers: As Mormons, we mostly don't rock, but my buddy Mark does and my kids better appreciate it.
5. A website or blog I visit regularly: daddy types
6. A product I would recommend to another dad: Without a doubt, the Dylan House by brinca dada. ;)
7. A question I hope my kids never ask me: Why do you and mommy lock your bedroom door?
8. My favorite way to spend a few hours with my kids: Tickling, playing board/card games, more tickling. Also, we enjoy searching for the best doughnut in NYC (our favorite is still the Donut Pub on 14th St.).
9. A parenting trick that works for me and not for my wife: It's definitely the countdown...5-4-3-2-1, lowering a finger each time. It works 99% of the time. My wife is better at timeout and pretty much everything else.
10. My parenting superpower: Doing different voices for all the characters in the Harry Potter series.