We tend to take it for granted that living rooms and bedrooms will be fairly unique and show a little personality - even if they house a very popular IKEA sofa or bookcase, the color choices, collections and artwork help to make things distinctive. But kitchens can be another story - it's often harder, due to landlord or budget restrictions to put your own stamp on this room, so its fun when you see kitchens that are clearly designed with the user's own personality, style and needs in mind.
As we've been doing our research during kitchen and bath month, we tagged a few kitchens that break a few molds - shown above, left to right, with links to the source articles:
1. A custom cabinetry-based small space budget renovation in Brooklyn from Dwell
2. An ultra-woody take on minimal with an 18 foot island spanning a wall of black walnut cabinets in a Wendall Burnett-designed kitchen featured in Metropolitan Home.
3. A universal design kitchen by Snaidero from Dwell
4. Art & Chel's stylish small kitchen is part of a true multipurpose room. A pro style cooking area, dining area and living blend harmoniously in one small space. The Kitchn
5. A small city kitchen goes glam with a high polish lacquer treatment. Designed by Miles Redd from House Beautiful.