- New York, NY
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- I love the 9-foot high ceiling in our home because it completely changes the dynamic in our small space. Besides opening up the main room and making it feel more spacious, the high ceiling allows for super tall windows, which I also love. The incredible natural light and unbelievable scenic views in the studio inspired the bright and open design of our home.
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space::
- Designing a successful small space is tough, but designing a successful small rental space is even tougher! There are definite ways to ensure comfort, sophistication and beauty in a small temporary home, including:
1. Never sacrificing your style because of size restrictions – there is ALWAYS a way to make any sized space feel special and unique.
2. Incorporating rugs. Rugs create a cozy, inviting space and they’re a great way to visually separate areas.
3. Using wall decals to reflect your personality, as well as to elevate and brighten up the place. They’re especially helpful when you’re not allowed to paint in a rental!