Color is great and all, but it wouldn't be so if everything was saturated or popping or taking center stage. Color can really shine when it's contrasted against something a little more neutral. One way to achieve this is to pair color with natural materials, be it wood, stone, or metal. Take a look!
- Bright pillows stand out in this otherwise-mostly-natural-plywood interior by Pattersons Architects.
- This house's steely exterior and gray Seattle setting are a great contrast to the hot, bright green door.
- Colonel is a French designer of furnishings with bright colors on natural sycamore wood grounds.
- These oversized dome pendants by Ingo Maurer come in natural aluminum on the exterior, with bright color on the interior. These are some pricey fixtures, but we love the idea of DIY-ing the look.
- A natural brick wall is backdrop to a hot pink Womb Chair.
Do you prefer color set against a natural background like this? Or neutral colors, or white? Against what setting do you think color is best appreciated?