Last week, I put forth the notion that this lovely color combination of navy, salmon, ivory, silver, peony, and lavender would make an excellent palette for Halloween decor. The overwhelming response was, "We love these colors, but are you sure you know what Halloween is?". Therefore, please let me present a little taste of the way these colors could be used together in the home, all year long.
- I had the hardest time with the lavender element, perhaps because I've never owned anything in the purple family. This Roost pendant lamp from Anthropologie is quite pretty, though not quite blue enough.
- A grey & ivory doily for your floor, also from Anthropologie.
- Welsh waffle-knit blanket from Toast, in ivory, salmon, and navy.
- Midnight-blue silk velvet pillow, also from Toast.
- Tin trunk from Toast (again!), for all your hiding-away needs.
- Cirrus sheets from Anthro, in a vibrant shade of salmon.
- The Milo Sofa from Anthropologie, in a shade of blue possibly dark enough to conceal my wine-spilling habits (although, for $5,000, I wouldn't even be allowed to sit on the floor nearby the Milo Sofa.)
- Ivory outside, salmon inside: carafe and glass from Rare Device, handmade by Pigeon Toe Ceramics, perfect for your bedside table.
- Finally, from Brooklyn to West, the deep and gorgeous shade of paint that I will use someday, mark my words.