When you live in a city with as many restaurants as NY, it's important to have a good eating guide. Clean Plates NYC is a nutritionist and foodie's guide to eating well in Manhattan. It's available as both a book or the paperless iPhone app version, and helps you find food that's good for you and the environment. The name comes from both how you'll clean your plate at the selected restaurants, but also how you'll feel after an environmentally and sustainably clean meal.
From the Web site, here is what's inside:
- Restaurants for every budget and lifestyle—from "healthy fast food" to the most upscale (and, of course, sustainable) dining experiences in Manhattan
- Entertaining, informative reviews that take the guesswork out of choosing restaurants
- Up-close and personal interviews with seven of Manhattan's most health-conscious and eco-friendly chefs
- Tailored recommendations for your eating preferences—vegetarian, vegan, flexitarian, locavore, macrobiotic, sweet-tooth, gluten-free, or carnivorous.
- How to design your own eating plan so that you feel and stay healthy for life with my Five Precepts for Eating Well—based on years of one-on-one experience with clients.
- Easy-to-use "quick reference" icons that make scanning for your desired cuisine and price point a breeze
This pocket sized guide is available for $13.95 via their Web site. You get the iPod app for $2 more or you can buy the app alone for $9.95.
Clean Plates NYC via TheDailyGreen