We post a lot of Mid-Century Modern homes on Apartment Therapy, but a dip into the archives reveals that we've also featured plenty of historic and traditional homes, including several Victorian gems.
In an era of clean lines and contemporary style, it can be a real pleasure to notice details like carved wood stair rails, ornate mantelpieces, and chair rails. Here are 10 glimpses from stylish Victorian homes in Boston, New York, San Francisco, London, and other cities.
- Brad and Kendra's South End Drama: A stylish Victorian in Boston
- Michael's Grand Victorian: The home of a New Hampshire finish carpenter
- Jen and Rob's Gothic Bungalow: A Victorian-inspired 3-bedroom in Providence
- Veronika and Sebastian's Rooftop Victorian: A renovated apartment in London
- Anne and Todd's 'Gropius Meets Victorian' Condo: Mod-Victorian style in Boston
- Adrienne's Cool Old Victorian: A vintage home in Colorado Springs
- Allison and Joel's Light-Filled Victorian: An old, lovely home in San Francisco
- Michael and Dylan's Curiosity Filled Apartment: A New York Victorian
- Glorily and Jeremy's Evolving Wicker Park Victorian: A vintage Chicago home
- Martha and Ben's Southern Mix: An 1890s Victorian brownstone in Chicago
Photos: Wes & Kayla Schwartz, Violet Marsh Photography, Sarah Rainwater, Kristin Hohenadel, Kyle Freeman, Adrienne, Elizabeth, Amy Azzarito, Glorily and Jeremy, Sarah Coffey