New Year’s Resolutions for My Apartment
I love my apartment and there is very little I would change. But lately, after hosting several guests over the last few months, I’ve noticed that it could use a little TLC. So rather than make resolutions like ‘lose weight’ or ‘budget better,’ this year I’m making resolutions to give my apartment a little love.
Since I think resolutions should fall on the positive side I’ve thrown in some random acts of apartment kindness. Many though are to-dos that were on my mind in 2013 but need some action in 2014. Purging is a kind of weight loss, right? Here, with the help of the Apartment Therapy archives, are my top 10 resolutions.
1. Frame the Etsy prints I bought last year and commit to a gallery wall.
2. Recycle my Brita filters that have been stacking up for more than a year.
3. Pick up fresh flowers every week and buy a new pot for my orchid that has miraculously stayed alive since May.
4. Cook and entertain at home more.
5. Clean my electric stove burners with this recipe.
6. Introduce myself to neighbors who I run into in the hallway.
7. Recycle the paint cans that have lived underneath my sink since move in four years ago.
8. Play more music while I work/clean/read at home.
9. Freshen up the tile on my bathroom floor with tile grout coating.
10. Buy a new mattress because it’s time.
Do you have any apartment resolutions for 2014? Share below!