I love my apartment and there is very little I would change. But lately, after hosting several guests over the last few months, I’ve noticed that it could use a little TLC. So rather than make resolutions like ‘lose weight’ or ‘budget better,’ this year I’m making resolutions to give my apartment a little love.
Since I think resolutions should fall on the positive side I’ve thrown in some random acts of apartment kindness. Many though are to-dos that were on my mind in 2013 but need some action in 2014. Purging is a kind of weight loss, right? Here, with the help of the Apartment Therapy archives, are my top 10 resolutions.
1. Frame the Etsy prints I bought last year and commit to a gallery wall.
2. Recycle my Brita filters that have been stacking up for more than a year.
4. Cook and entertain at home more.
5. Clean my electric stove burners with this recipe.
6. Introduce myself to neighbors who I run into in the hallway.
7. Recycle the paint cans that have lived underneath my sink since move in four years ago.
8. Play more music while I work/clean/read at home.
9. Freshen up the tile on my bathroom floor with tile grout coating.
10. Buy a new mattress because it's time.
Do you have any apartment resolutions for 2014? Share below!