Are you following the livestreams of WWDC happening right now? Lots of news in regards to iOS 5 (wireless syncing and updating) and OS X Lion ($29.99 App Store update), making Apple device users quite happy. But here's a tongue-in-cheek video of what to expect (or would hope) with the next update...it's "magical".
- OS X Lion available in July for $29.99 via Mac App Store (no DVD/CD install discs)
- Lion offers auto-save features, remembers work setups (where windows, palettes, and other tools after closing/restarting)
- Apple focuses on moving the digital hub away from the computer and completely to the cloud...iCloud.
- iCloud free, becoming the digital hub of the OS X, iOS experience; wireless backup to iCloud (documents, iBooks, application projects)
- News Stand, official magazines and newspapers subscription app for iOS
- iOS 5, slated for Fall release, now offering camera button on the lock screen; Reminders, a new iOS 5 feature keeps track of dates, places; iMessage, an iChat-style messaging service for iOS 5 devices; wireless syncing
- 3 new built-in Apps for iCloud are all free: 1. Documents in the Cloud (multi-device, live updated document access!), 2. Photo Stream (cloud+photo updating/sharing, pushing images between iOS and OS X devices, including Apple TV; stored in cloud for 30 days, last 1000 images), 3. iTunes in the Cloud (all your iTunes purchases on any device are sent from cloud and accessible across any of your iOS/OSX music libraries); up to 10 devices supported by cloud music sharing.
- 5GB of free doc, app storage. Photostream, purchased apps are not included in 5GB Cloud allotment.
- Job's "One more thing" is iTunes Match: non-iTunes purchased music matched to the iTunes library, extremely fast scanning and matching music matching system. Songs will be automatically upgraded to 256kbps AAC DRM-free. $24.99/year service.